Bus stops & stations
On the street
1. Identify themselves and show their ID
2. Say why they want to question you. They must have a reason to suspect you are an immigration offender. They cannot stop you because of your race.
3. Tell you that you don't have to answer their questions
4. Tell you that you haven't been arrested & can leave at any time
- By 'CONSENT' – the most common method.
- With a court WARRANT for entry, by force if necessary.
- On business premises only: with an ASSISTANT DIRECTOR'S LETTER.
- On licensed premises selling alcohol or late night refreshment: entry WITHOUT A WARRANT.
Most importantly: DON'T STOP AND TALK - JUST GO IF YOU CAN
If you see a raid, let us know!