"develop ambitious platform-agnostic voice applications with ease"
- Toni, 24 years old
- Working as conversational services architect @ Web Computing in Münster
- Masterthesis about platform-agnostic voice applications
- Maintainer of AssistantJS
Create an AssistantJS-based bot who cares for us in the end of a working day.
So at least someone does.
A few basics
Utterance: Exemplary statements leading to intent
Intent: Intention of a user's voice query (e. g. busRouteIntent)
Entity: Variables of a statement (e. g. "How do I get to the [train station]?")
States of a conversation
1) Generate new application
2) Integrate Alexa
3) Add first intents
4) Add response variations
5) Add second state
6) Add entity validation
7) Add google assistant
- Assistant-aware tests with Jasmine
- Strategy-based authentication
- Hooks, inheritable intents, mixins, ....
Our app's capabilities
- App starts the conversation with "How was your day?" and understands goodDayIntent and badDayIntent
- If the user has had a bad day, app asks for reason
- User is able to blame a mean colleague, app plots the revenge
- App detects if user did not mention the name of the mean colleague and follows up for it.
- App varies all given responses automatically and is multi-language-capable
- App works with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant - on all devices
(a.k.a. "the one to press")
Wanna build the future of conversational interfaces?
Will Google Assistant sound better anytime soon?
By Antonius Ostermann