Standalone Android Apps in Python
Sydney Python Group, 2013.11.07
java app vs. python app
Python cross-compiled for ARM using the Android NDK
Android NDK - The Native Development Kit allows you to implement parts of your app using native-code languages such as C and C++.
Prerequisites ~6GB (sigh)
- Download Android SDK + NDK
- Follow pages and pages of Google instructions
- Download more stuff from inside Eclipse (?!)
- Set-up some environment variables
- git clone ..., pip install ...
Download .vbi virtual machine image
- Run with virtualbox