In Software Development
You don't have to choose in LT
Better can make you Faster & Cheaper
Faster can make you Better & Cheaper
Q: I Tech Debt a good or a bad thing?
A: Neither! It's just Debt, use it responsibly
(here comes a boring analogy with Finance)
- High quality software is actually cheaper to produce.
- Better internal quality makes enhancing and adding new features easier, therefore quicker and cheaper
- (we) Software engineers (usually) suck at explaining this to stakeholders
No, and it's rarely a binary decision
By Analogy: We do it bc it's something else that was done, or it is like what other people are doing
1st principle: Assumption that cannot be deduced from any other assumption
Boil things down to the most fundamental truths … and then reason up from there
Continuously improvement: Kaizen (改善) means to improve or change for better. In Lean project management, Kaizen philosophy seeks to improve a process through small, continuous, positive changes applied by team members across every level of an organization, over a long period.
- Manage low WIP (work in progress) ⚠️
- Identify bottlenecks & blockers 🚧
- Help focus toward goals
- Better sizing
- Reduce idleness / context-switching
- Catch bugs earlier