Open sourceror. Digital craftsman of the biodata revolution.
Slides online at: slides.com
Wednesday October 11, 2017
6:00–9:00 pm, Milkboy Philly
The Cancer Genome Atlas
$425,000,000 project funded by the U.S. Government
Predicting cancer mutations from gene expression
Using public domain TCGA data
(from Xena Browser)
elastic net logistic regression
"the science of ensuring that a patient's treatment is specifically designed and targeted for their unique form of cancer"
Tonight makes 27!
Pull requests model for contribution
Contribution per user by GitHub repository
Childhood Cancer Data Lab
- Cancer Data: Claire McLeod (@clairemcleod)
- Machine Learning: Patrick Miller (@patrick-miller), Ryan Velazquez (@rdvelazquez), Jesse Prestwood-Taylor (@jessept), Yichuan Liu (@yl565)
- Backend: Derek Goss (@dcgoss), Andrew Madonna (@awm33), Kurt Wheeler (@kurtwheeler)
- Frontend: Benjamin Dolly (@bdolly)
- Community: Karin Wolok (@KarinSpiderwoman)
- Wildcards: Daniel Himmelstein (@dhimmel), Gregory Way (@gwaygenomics), Casey Greene (@cgreene)
still accepting contributions
Cognoma Launch Party
By Daniel Himmelstein