KINS 474 Psychology of Sport & Exercise
Tim Miller | email@example.com | 707.826.4959 | Library 02
- attention to detail
- time & exploration
- online form & paper version
fill it out while you work:
- save your research
- what works? what doesn't?
- gateway to Kinesiology research
- recommended databases
- tutorial videos
- tips & tricks
- Where is it?
Where is the Research Record?
- How do I save my work?
Choosing a Topic
APA Styles - when you find a relevant paper, save your citations in APA format
Six references - find more
Four peer-reviewed references - find more
- The papers you find will need to provide evidence for your assertions
- For example, if you are writing about the decline in focus on PE in primary school, you may need:
- evidence that PE is important to children's health
- evidence that PE offerings are declining
- recommendations on how to deal with the issue
What has frustrated you about research?
"Don't have a solid topic"
"I couldn't print any PDFs from the searches I did."
"Having a hard time deciding on a specific topic (I think mine may be too broad)"
"Trying to choose a topic and not finding enough articles."
How do you begin your research?
Where do you search?
What are your strategies?
What filters have you found to be useful?
What is the hardest part about getting started?
By Tim Miller