CEO of Nethemba - Slovak IT security company founded in 2007, primarily focused on web application security and various penetration tests.
Impact of crypto-anarchy & sharing economy on our future
- Cryptoanarchist and voluntaryist focused on technology and society hacking
- Owner of IT security ethical hacking company Nethemba & bug bounty company Hacktrophy & contemporary art creation company Satori
- Co-organizer of the biggest cryptoanarchist conference in Paralelní Polis, Prague (www.hcpp.cz)
- Co-founder of Bratislava and Prague's hackerspaces
- Member of Czech contemporary artistic group Ztohoven
Let me introduce myself
- Based on inspiration of our Parallel Polis speakers (Frank Braun, Smuggler, Paul Rosenberg) and many other cryptoanarchists
- Sometimes my predictions are right (I described the concept of Uber sharing taxi and sent it to my friends three years before Uber was started)
- I am techno-optimist - everything is happening slower / later than I usually predict
- Special thanks to Paul Rosenberg and Juraj Bednár for their feedback/ comments
Consider the following presentation to be my cryptoanarchistic vision
- A lot of anti-Uber and anti-Airbnb demonstrations around the world, new anti-Uber/anti-Airbnb government regulations
- The rise of the truly anonymous cryptocurrencies (especially Monero, adopted by cryptomarkets)
- Bitcoin is more stabilized and legalized in most Western countries, but highly regulated (New York bitcoin regulation)
- The first decentralized market (OpenBazaar v2) with Tor support was released
- The first open-source implementation of Uber-like taxi sharing service (libretaxi) & Airbnb-like sharing service is released (Arcade.city) - in Uber/Airbnb regulated countries.
- Prohibition of anonymous transactions (because of "threat of criminals and terrorists") for legal purposes, the sender, and recipient have to be always identified (all anonymous prepaid cards were prohibited)
- The beginning of financial offshore based on cryptocurrencies (thanks to increasing regulation of the traditional (fiat) offshore)
- Bitcoin is not trusted anymore because of public blockchain - the biggest exchanges (Kraken) & crypto services (using Shapeshift) have started to accept truly anonymous cryptocurrencies (Monero & other altcoins), truly anonymous cryptocurrencies gained more popularity
- People start to use cryptoanarchistic version of Uber/Airbnb with anonymous cryptocurrencies through Tor/i2p (Check Arcade.city and libretaxi.org projects)
- There will be a decentralized legal system (there is Codex/PAX legal scripting language based on Ethereum)
- There will be the first stable release of Shadow (now Particl.io) project (decentralized marketplace with own anonymous cryptocurrency)
- Cryptomarkets will go mobile - UX / Usability of cryptomarkets will be significantly improved, most people can afford to visit and use decentralized cryptomarkets without technical knowledge
- CALEA II (or a similar law) will be approved (mandatory government backdoors in all crypto solutions offered in the US), similar legislation will be adopted in other developed countries (in the UK there are "key disclosure law" and "snooper charter")
- Anonymous cash will be prohibited in the most Western countries - the rise of street racketeers offering different cryptocurrencies
- There will be a mass-scale adoption of Bitcoin lightning network (providing a significant relief of bitcoin blockchain with anonymization properties)
- Increased criminalization of cryptomarket's users
My unfilled predictions,
I believe they'll be true in 2018
Anonymous, decentralized crowdfunded whistleblowing
- Imagine that whistle-blowers (like Snowden) can be entirely funded by an anonymous crowd!
- People will bet on the date of the leakage of the specific document (e.g. the time of the leakage of TTIP)
This means a total decomposition of all government secret agencies and government "classified" agencies -> covert agents may be significantly economically motivated to earn anonymous money and anonymously leak sensitive information.
Towards perfect corruption: the rise of anonymous prediction markets
- Do you want smaller taxes? Bet your cryptocurrency that there will be unchanged or higher taxes in the next two years.
- Do you want to have legalized drugs? Bet your cryptocurrency that there will be a prohibition for next years
- If you are a politician with the real power to change it, you have an economic incentive to make the opposite bet and win a lot of money in cryptocurrency :)
- More at https://steemit.com/prediction/@digital-liberty/the-democratization-of-corporatism-how-to-achieve-the-perfect-corruption-using-anonymous-predictions-markets
- Availability of anti-government insurance (in case of cryptomarket use, drug possession, bypassing surveillance laws, using cash, ..) thanks to decentralized and anonymous insurance companies (see https://steemit.com/anonymous/@digital-liberty/the-rise-of-anonymous-insurance )
- Providers of Tor exit nodes and OpenBazaar nodes will be cruelly criminalized
- Massive increase of decentralized Internet solutions (funk Feuer, Serval Mesh, ..) that will be out of the government control
- The first proved documented assassination of a politician using the concept of anonymous collaborative murder (Jim Bell's 'Assassination Politics') - politicians will start to fear ... being politicians is a more risky job than was ever before
- Universal sharing economy mobile application allowing anyone to provide his/her services to anyone without government control/taxation will be available
- It will be fully decentralized solution impossible to shut down by the government (like Bitcoin) with use of anonymous crypto-currencies
- First anonymous crowd-sourced drone strikes
- The government will start to have difficult times (see Paul Rosenberg's book - A lodging of wayfaring men https://anarplex.net/hosted/files/A_Lodging_of_Wayfaring_Men.pdf
- The states will lose their business license monopoly - people start to prefer a decentralized DAOs instead of the traditional government-licensed companies
- The governments will radically change the taxation model - no tax for virtual/Internet services, high taxation for real-world properties and real-world businesses, some countries will switch to head-tax
- Massive people immigration to seasteading islands / free ancap-based countries
- Many Tor/OpenBazaar nodes will be placed in the air (anonymous still-flying drones) or in still developing countries with old-school legislation
- The existing financial system will break/collapse
- The new economic 100% controlled system will be introduced with fear after breakdown of the current system
- Free Banking based on crypto (?!)
- Seasteading-based free countries will be invaded by the US/UK/Western countries
- High separation of the real world and cryptoanarchistic world ("the second realm / temporary autonomous zones"), average people will switch to this world after they see cryptoanarchy succeeds
- The current social system will collapse, the rise of virtual states with social / protection benefits
- Despite the fact virtual states (like Bitnation) are still not legitimized by the countries/governments, they start to be commercially attractive and offer many advantages/citizenship protections replacing the current governments
- For the governments, it will be impossible to shut down decentralized cryptomarkets (Openbazaar, Particl.io project)
- New kind of financial freedom thanks to truly anonymous cryptocurrencies
- Decentralized Anonymous insurance against the government
- Anonymous prediction markets that make corruption perfect
- Crypto-markets (and DAOs with the anti-government insurance) become much more competitive compared to the government's regulated e-shops even for the non-illegal products and services thanks to this insurance
Fundamental events in our future
- People will switch to crypto-markets not because they respect freedom or privacy, but because a price - everything will be cheaper in crypto-markets than in the real world (anti-government insurance will reduce this price)
- ANALOGY - slavery was abolished because it was less efficient than market-driven capitalism (free people are just more productive than slaves), not because most people in that time considered slaves to be human beings :(
Free-markets are more effective and cheaper than the government's regulated ones
- The authoritative government will survive in the following 20 years and will be even more authoritative
The people using crypto technologies and crypto markets (trying to avoid the state rules, like taxation) will be criminalized, there will be many exemplary lawsuits against many innocent people (Ross Ulbricht, ..)
The rise of "the current authoritative system" problems:
- Impossibility to cope with sharing economies (Uber, Airbnb, ..) that avoid the government regulations
- War on drugs
These problems DO NOT EXIST in the free society; the real issue is the current political system which is not stable and is undermined/ threaten by all new technologies
- War on drugs cannot be won
- Crypto-markets technically cannot be prohibited
Despite the precedents like Ross Ulbricht's case,
politicians cannot win their fight; they HAVE TO ADAPT to the crypto-anarchy / free-market rules.
Unfortunately, a lot of innocent people will be sacrificed during this battle.
Cryptoanarchy / Anarcho-capitalism is less vulnerable / more immune system
- A massive asymmetry between the government and individual
- It 's hard to protect your privacy in the real world (physical security is the weakest point)
- Most government attacks against crypto anarchy will use social engineering, few of them using 0-day exploits, the least will be against crypto
- They can always destroy you / compromise you if they want and have a budget
- Avoid the system, be agorist, do not be personal, do not create enemies
Be strong, protect yourself
Welcome in Parallel Polis & Institute of Cryptoanarchy
We are real!
- 3-floors building with more than 1000m2
- The first world bitcoin coffee & coworking space that accept Bitcoin only (not fiat)
- Institute of Cryptoanarchy responsible for organizing the unique cryptoanarchist conference Hacker's congress - Parallel Polis." www.hcpp.cz
Parallel Polis in Prague
real digital freedom think tank
Parallel Polis in Bratislava
- Is alive since 2018, will be available in the following months!
- We have the guidelines for creation of new Parallel Polis https://github.com/ParalelniPolis/ParalelniPolis-decentralized
5-7.10.2018 in Prague
Topic: "New order!"
Don't miss the unique HCPP cryptoanarchistic conference!
All-out strong polarization.
Repeating tension between collectivists and individuals.
This time with a new difference:
Crypto technologies. Liberating us.
Making us entirely responsible for all our decisions.
Decentralization, reputation systems, escrow services and anonymization makes the world's economy more efficient.
The massive adoption of free crypto markets will not be the result of people's need for freedom or privacy. It will be the result of their natural individual preferences.
Collectivism is new slavery.
Crypto-anarchists are new abolitionists.
Crypto technologies are new arms.
Thanks for your attention!
Impact of crypto-anarchy and sharing economy (Parallel Polis London version)
By Pavol Luptak