It's out! What does it mean?
- 8.0.6 is the last release for 8.0.x
- No security releases for 8.0.x anymore
=> Update your sites ASAP, 4th may is the next security release window
- API improvements for Entity API
- Composer vendor directory removed from git
- Migrate UI and API changes (plugin instead of config entity)
- Updated to Symfony 2.8
- @file no longer required for classes
- Test changes, many kernel tests converted to phpunit
- Vendor directory removed
- Only affects git checkouts, releases still have it
- Run composer install
- \Drupal\simpletest\KernelTestBase is deprecated in favor of \Drupal\KernelTests\KernelTestBase (phpunit)
- might* get removed in 8.2.0
- Most core kernel tests already converted
* That's what is documented.
First minor release.
Also lots of bugfixes and smaller improvements.
- Quite a few parts are excluded from BC
- Render arrays
- Protected methods
- New in 8.1: Additional methods can be added to interfaces, unless tagged with @api.
Features for Drupal 8.2?
- Depends on what people work on
- Usually, getting something into core requires time and focus
- Incubator contrib projects: entity, ctools
- A lot of deprecated methods and functions will be removed
- Use an IDE that highlights @deprecated, avoid it in new code
- Update your contrib modules (no rush)
- Everything else is still open I think
By Sascha Grossenbacher