2 minutes per person:
What would you like to get from this experience?
- What do you bring to this group?
Timezone Story Interviews
- Think of your story (1 min)
- Storytelling/interviewing in pairs (10 - 15 min)
- Small group re-telling of partner stories (15 min)
- Collect insights and patterns with the whole group
(5 - 10 min)
Tell a story about a time when you worked on a challenge with teammates in distant timezones and you are proud what you accomplished.
Tell a story about a time when you worked on a challenge with teammates in distant timezones and you are proud of what you accomplished.
What is the story, and what made the success possible?
- Ask about the context (who, when, where, how).
- Do not share your own experience.
- Collect the details of the journey (barriers, actions, surprises, reversals, discoveries),
- Try to find a moment that sums up the drama and the deeper meaning.
- Listen carefully, so you can re-tell the highlights.
Insights and Patterns
- What are the patterns in the conditions and behaviors supporting success?
- How are we investing in the conditions for success?
- What opportunities do you see to do more?
What can you do?
- Think on your own (2 min)
- Share in small groups (5 min)
- Share highlights with the whole group (5 min)
What's your part of the solution? What can you do without more resources or authority?
By Jessica Parsons