Using a Self Hosted Crucible with a Cloud Based JIRA Instance
Can you really do that?
about james alexander
- Fisheye / Crucible Explained
- Crucible Installation
- Performance Tuning
What are Fisheye/Crucible?
Pre-commit or post-commit code reviews:
- Workflow-based reviews
- Quick reviews with cut and paste snippets
- Create reviews from the command line
- One-click reviews from change sets or issues
Integrate code review into your everyday development process.
- View source code associated with code reviews.
- View and create code reviews from JIRA.
- Turn Crucible code review comments into actionable JIRA issues.
Why not Bit Bucket Pull Requests?
- Comments lost on code iteration
- Does not scale to large reviews
Centralize all source repositories viewing / searching under Fisheye: Subversion, CVS, Perforce, Git, and Mercurial
Charts and Reports
Build Fail Blame
Connect the Bamboo continuous integration server with FishEye to view the code changes that triggered a build.
- Explore the failed build and jump directly into the change set that broke the build.
- View the history of that change set to see what the author was trying to fix.
- Simple Searching on File, Folder names
- Camel Case search
- Search in code commit messages
- Advanced Search with EyeQL (SQL-Like)
- Export results to CSV
- Requires JAVA
- Download compressed package (.zip - same file for both crucible and fisheye)
- Setup separate data store folder
- Configure Users and Groups
- Add Repositories
- AWS EC2 VM
- t2.small instance
- 1 CPU
- 2 GB RAM
- 30 GB SSD
- Elastic IP Address
- Use an SSL Certificate
- Create a separate non-root user
- Use a Relational Database like Postgresql
- Setup auto-start at boot time
- Use a reverse proxy server, NGINX in my case
Adding Application Links
- Type period (.)
- Type "Links"
- Select "Application Links"
Configure Application Links
- Sign-in to both JIRA and Crucible
- Add Application Link from JIRA. (reciprocal link will be created automatically)
SSL CErtificate Installation
someone to administer crucible
bitbucket - web hooks
include / exclude directories
FISHEYE_OPTS Memory Parmaters
- Non-standard JAVA arguments
- -Xms<size> = Starting Heap size (e.g. -Xms256m)
- -Xmx<size> = Max Heap size (e.g. -Xmx1g)
- -XX:MaxPermSize = Max PermGen size (e.g. -XX:MaxPermSize=256m)
# /etc/environment JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64/jre" FISHEYE_INST="/home/crucible/crucible-instance" FISHEYE_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx1G -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -javaagent:/home/crucible/fecru-3.7.0/newrelic/newrelic.jar"
New Relic - Application Monitoring
New relic - server monitor
Helpful Performance Tuning Links
Link to Slides on slides.com:
Crucible / Fisheye Remote Server
By James Alexander