Who am I?
Jack of all trades, master of none
- Coined by Donald Michie in 1968
- Grew in popularity with functional programming (Haskell/Erlang)
- Memoize === cache
- Function wrapping
- Performance improving
- Can't be used with non-pure functions
- Functions that get data that has to always be up-to-date
- Functions with large parameters or functions as params
- Reduced execution time
- Encourages functional programming
- MAKES EVERYTHING FAST!
But wait there is more!
Memoize React component?
By Chris Laughlin