Introductions (1-2min each): your name, place, and
one fun factor that others might not know about you*.
(*Attention: you will share about the response of your dyad partner to the group)
Share on these Intercultural Prompts (3min each):
What are ways to show respect in your culture, family or in-group?
What are physical gestures for respect?
Culture is an umbrella term which encompasses
the social behavior and norms found in human societies*.
What is Culture?
(*including: the knowledge, beliefs, arts, customs, and habits of their individuals)
Humans acquire culture through the learning processes of enculturation and socialization,
which is shown by the diversity of cultures across societies.
Remembering the iceberg image, share about the Prompts below:
1. How does respect show up in the visible?
2. How does it show in the invisible?
3. How can these differences create intercultural misunderstanding?
In Dyads: Reflect on the Dialogue Prompts below.
Personal Culture Intersections
1. Identify four differences between you and your partner.
3. Reflect: Where do your commonalities come from?
2. Remembering your personal culture map: How do your stories intersect?
INTERCULTURAL WORKSHOP Session 1