kia kōtahi rā
Kohacon19 Dublin, Ireland
Who am I?
- Kāi Tahu, Kāti Māmoe, Waitaha
- One of the original Koha developers
- Member of the QA Team
- Works at Catalyst IT
- @ranginui on twitter
The name - Koha
1. (noun) gift, present, offering, donation, contribution - especially one maintaining social relationships and has connotations of reciprocity.
- When Koha was released in 2000, 4 people had code in it.
- Over 401 now have code in it.
- Many many more have contributed bug reports, manual edits, newsletters and emails.
- 15,000+ Libraries using Koha.
- Koha is 20 years old in September and is still growing.
- Almost every single feature was designed by librarians.
- One Koha
- Open Meetings
- Robust processes
He aha ai?
To be a person is not to stand alone, but to be one with one's
people, and the deeper the oneness the more we are truly persons
and have that mana tangata.
- Michael P Shirres : 2000
- Nā tō rourou, nā taku rourou ka ora ai te iwi.
- Ehara taku toa i te toa takitahi, engari he toa takitini.
- He waka eke noa.
By Chris Cormack