Full stack staff engineer. Lives in the DMV.
What is WASM-Frontmatter?
- It's API is completely Web Assembly
- It's currently about twice as fast as gray-matter
- It's almost at API parity (still working on callbacks)
 Gray Matter: https://www.npmjs.com/package/gray-matter
 WASM Frontmatter: https://www.npmjs.com/package/wasm-frontmatter
What is WASM?
- WebAssembly (WASM) is an open web standard that defines a portable binary-code format for executable programs in the web giving near-native code execution speed in the web browser. 
Tools WASM-Frontmatter Uses
Below are the two tools I use to build WASM-Frontmatter:
- Rust, of course
- All logic for WASM-Frontmatter is written using Rust.
- This command line tool is tightly coupled to the wasm-bindgen package we use to code our application in rust
- It also very nicely helps build and publish your application to NPM
- Have Rust installed.
- Install WASM-pack through this script:
- Once installed, run the following commands to get your package up and running:
$ wasm-pack new hello-world $ cd hello-world $ wasm-pack build $ wasm-pack publish
$ curl https://rustwasm.github.io/wasm-pack/installer/init.sh -sSf | sh
@joshfinnie (almost everywhere)
By Josh Finnie