By: James Shaddix
incompatible API changes
add functionality in a backwards-compatible manner
backwards-compatible bug fixes
What About a:
|1. Beautiful is better than ugly|
|2. Explicit is better than implicit|
|3. Simple is better than complex|
|4. Complex is better than complicated|
|5. Readability counts|
Python Is A: general purpose, extensible programming language
Is Python Slow?
Sort of ...
The core Functionality of Python is comparatively slow to many languages
Python Development Model:
2. Figure out where the code is slow, and rewrite in C.
So which one is better???
What if ...
L = Third Party Library
P = Matlab Package
Using Python For Data Analysis means you have to manage a lot of third party libraries.
1. You will quickly start to accrue hundreds of packages.
2. It's going to be your job to install/update all of these packages
3. It's your job to have to deal with conflicting packages
1. Comes with the package manager "conda"
2. Allows us to make use of virtual enviroments
3. Comes with a bunch of useful software
4. Comes with pre-installed python packages for data analysis
For Interactive Development
for rigorous software development