Road Completion Project
Towards a complete and validated OSM street network for Belgium
Ben Abelshausen & Joost Schouppe
- Excellent basemap.
- Excellent state of transport-related data
- Good quality road network.
- Good quality transit data.
- Reasonable landuse.
- Basic address coverage
How far along are we?
How do we know?
What if things change?
Not about copying
Not about changing the way we map!
- Change detection, spot changes faster
- Completeness & quality assurances.
Do this is in the open, use open-source tools and open-data so everyone can run their own!
And use open street view platforms together
Who can compete with this?
Try it yourself at http://roads.osm.be/
Use our data and talk to the
- Mapping & validation of bus routes.
- Mapping & validation of bus stops.
- Mapping & validation of buildings/roads/addresses.
- Mapping & validation of cyclenetworks.
- Routing applications for this data.
An Open Summer of Code project