oDATA and GATEWAY OVERVIEW
why oDATA ?
- We already have SAP ES .
WHY ODATA ?
ES Repository : How does it look ?
-Access data in a common way.
- Traditional web services don't have entity navigation built in for automated processing.
- Client libraries available though standard HTTP works.
odaTA- tell me more !
- Based on industry standards - http://www.odata.org
OData APIs offer database like access to business data - "ODBC for the Web"
- No knowledge of SAP is required.
BASICS: HOW dOES IT WORK
Entity DATA Model
Entity data model describes data as entities connected by associations.
An entity container holds entity sets. Each entity has one or more properties.
- OData protocol largely follows the conventions defined by REST
-GET: Reads data from one or more entities.
-PUT: Updates an existing entity, replacing all of its properties.
-MERGE: Updates an existing entity, but replaces only specified properties.
-POST: Creates a new entity.
-DELETE: Removes an entity.
SAP Netweaver Gateway
- Set of ABAP add-ons.
- Installation Options : With SAP NW 7.40 it's installed as part of standard installation.
- Components Required.
1. Activate SAP NetWeaver Gateway
2. Create system alias: from HUB system to back end system
- For embedded deployment, LOCAL with RFC destination NONE.
3. Create Gateway Alias : Required to register services.
4. Activate node 'opu' ( /default_host/sap/opu ) . Transaction SICF.
5. Test your settings ( SEGW).
6. For development system only ( increase log level)
SAP Gateway SERVICE BUILDER (SEGW)
Gateway BACKEND LOGIC IMPL.
- Redefine implementation methods
Activate and Maintain Services
Test Service( in WEB BROWSER )
Testing : Gateway Client
iOS App because you HAVE it in your pocket
But First, Quick INTRO - iOS
- iOS is an Operating System - subset of Mac OS.
- Language: Objective C - superset of C. Has really long method names. Object Oriented.
You can write code in C as well !
- Requires manual memory management. Has become semi automatic with iOS 5.1 onwards with auto-release pools. Every object has a reference count which should be zero when object is no longer needed. No GC but autorelease pools come close.
- XCode is the IDE - provides interface for compiler, editor, debugger and code profiling tools.
-Comes with different simulators ( iPad, iPhone )which we can use for testing.
And Android as it Rocks !
Android - Don't You Love KITKAT ?
- Programming Language is Java : Much easier to handle as higher level language than Objective-C and we already use a bit in SAP PI and will use more in SAP PO.
- Code conversion: .java --> .class --> .dex . Code runs on a VM - Dalvik.
- Android "emulator" uses the same image as the device. Better.
- New IDE is Android Studio based on IntelliJ from JetBrains - we'll use eclipse as SAP's GWPA is an add on to Eclipse.
- It's everywhere - on phones, cars and even in space !