Tuuli Pöllänen, 15.12.2014
Technical bits on GitHub:
a) they involve millions of people
b) also for non-game research
c) e-sports psychology
How does it work?
4. kill towers, minions, monsters (jungle) and enemy champions to collect resources
5. overpower the enemy and destroy their nexus (base)
1. Exploring existing solutions
2. Flash: nope.
...with very little time for sampling before the end of season 2014.
A total of ~20-30 minutes of participation:
live at http://leagueoflegends.web-psychometrics.com
Carron, Widmeyer & Brawley, 1985) - group cohesion in sports psychology
Promax PCA - task + social
Hart & Staveland, 1988 - task load inventory
Implementation similar to PEBL
Online forums and communities:
N = 278, eligible N = 218, finished N = 146
between ages 15 and 45 (M = 21.42, SD = 4.15)
Geographics by game regions:
North America (N=143)
EU-North and East (N=21)
Latin America (N=7)
New Zealand (N=8)
Play style (ranked):
Note - no imputation!
As to the intentions...
1. Do cognitve skills and team cohesion relate to performance in League of Legends?
2. Which cognitive skills are relevant to gameplay in MOBAs ( + usability of GEQ and NASA TLX for game studies)
4. Gauge the usability of web-based methods and data for cognitive psychology game studies