The Surfacing of
in Pre-Messianic Times
I created Evil,
and I created its seasoning remedy – Torah.
- The evils that we can see are what we can (and must) deal with and remove.
- Deeper evils will surface when it’s time to deal with them.
- Looks bad on the surface while evil is being dealt with, but underneath it’s getting better.
- Evil is worst just before Coming of Moshiach.
- Once worst evils cleaned up – Evil forever gone.
from Deep Evil
So how to deal with these surging evils?
The Cure = Torah
- The Torah explains what G-d wants.
- And what He doesn’t want (= Evil).
- And how to deal with it.
- Being eternal, it contains instructions for all times.
- Not all instructions are publicly known (“on the surface”) at all times.
- But neither do they remain hidden (“under the surface”) forever…
On the Surface
- The surface of the Torah is its Revealed Plane (נגלה/Nigleh)
- The simple/ literal meaning.
- The Law – identifying what’s right and what’s wrong.
- You can put your finger on it. Take it to court. Codify it.
- It enables fighting the visible Evils and eradicating them.
Under the Surface
- Below the surface of the Torah is its Hidden Plane (נסתר/Nistar).
- Torah that was given in a hidden manner (not taught openly).
- Torah that deals with hidden matters.
- What’s going on inside the person, and up in the higher worlds.
- To enable fighting with one’s own evil inclinations (hidden evils).
Surging of Deeper Torah
- As time goes on, more of the Hidden Torah is revealed.
- In two ways:
- Within the person – can learn and relate to the new levels.
- Out in the world – widely publicised.
- The Torah of Moshiach will reveal the ultimate depths that humans can handle.
- And also impact the world far and wide.
The Inroads of Torah
In Earlier Generations
Surface of Torah
|- Dealing with tangible realities only.
- How to interact with the physical world.
- The Do’s and Don’ts.
- War zone out there: The fight between Good and Bad out there in the world.
|You thought you were OK...
(because only actions need to be corrected, and that’s not as hard as... -)
In Later Generations
Under the Surface
|- Dealing with hidden things.
- Beyond the physical world and inside the person’s brain and heart.
- How to deal with the good and bad that’s hidden there.
- War zone in there.
(it’s harder to correct one’s emotions and intellect)
In Moshiach Times
|- Dealing with beyond the hidden.
- About G-d Who’s above all the worlds and at the core of the soul.
- Revealing the Essence of everything.
- Ultimate peace.
|Arrived at destination.
Loving Your Fellow Like Yourself
Nigleh: Love his qualities:
- Everyone has qualities.
- Just need to discover (reveal) them.
- Just like you’re well aware of your own qualities…
Nistar: Love his soul:
- All souls are brothers, children of their one Father in Heaven.
- Part of the same organism (“yourself”) and complement each other.
- Regardless of any qualities.
Etzem: Love G-d:
- Each soul has a G-dly element. Its origin. Its essence.
- That’s the exact same element in every soul.
- Loving that in your fellow is actually loving your very self.
Why Torah Deepens
- Simply: The cure before the blow. To remedy the deeper evils.
- In fact: To wash corresponding levels of evil to the surface for cleansing.
- But really: To introduce the Torah that'll be studied in the Times of Moshiach,
- Which isn't about fighting with Evil.
- Exposes Evil’s true reality – it’s nothing!
- There is only G-d.
On this level it makes no sense to go out and fight…
> The deeper the Evil, the deeper the Torah:
- Shallow Evils remedied by the Revealed Plane.
- Deeper Evils remedied by the Hidden Plane.
- Deepest Evils remedied by the Torah of Moshiach.
> Just before Moshiach is the hardest battle but just after is the biggest peace.
> Can understand why Moshiach is such a wow:
- Fighting the hardest battle against Evil.
- With the most advanced weapons (Torah)
- Concludes the history-long struggles with all sorts of Evil.
- Not everyone can handle the extreme.
- What’s more – two opposite extremes:
- The deepest evils Vs. deepest Torah.
- What a fight!
There's another extreme into the pre-Moshiach equation...
By Itamar Hatzvi