The Evolution of
The role Democracy is playing in introducing Moshiach's governance.
Why there are no longer able leaders in the World
The role of the individual in the transition from Government to Moshiach.
- Was the predominant government style in the old world.
- The World has been slowly rejecting it.
- These dictators are forcing themselves on the people,
- Looking after their own interests only,
- Are often lunatics.
- Ah, that's much better.
- The people are in control to vote who they want in power.
- If one Prime Minister doesn't perform, we'll get rid of him and appoint another.
is also about removing the power from the top
in favor of the bottom working class.
have essentially replaced kings
But have restricted powers and tenure.
But PMs are also diminishing in value...
- No real leadership
- Political correctness
Lately they're even a joke.
to SEE Gentile Kings.
There's a Rabbinical Edict
To go out with the masses and watch them when they come around.
Sounds like a nice outing.
Why is Jewish Law getting involved here?
Compare & Contrast
between them and Moshiach.
Because we need to
- To Realize how unworthy the kings and PMs are of royalty (whether it's their wickedness or just not being made of royal material).
- Compare them with the ultimate royalty destined for Moshiach.
- Put both extremes in perspective and start longing for the tables to speedily turn.
No More Kings!
- The prevalent Government Styles have ousted the notion of King, Monarch and definitely Dictator.
- Prime Ministers are gradually loosing royal qualities – even more reason to restrict power at the top.
So the trend's been
going to fit into this trend, when he comes?
Mmmmm... How is
On the other hand, is
(or any other regime we'd tried)
- Diminishing leadership at the top
- The people themselves don't know how to run governments. They just have needs. Many divergent needs...
- Life becoming more complex
- Drastic and frequent changes ―
to say the least. Perhaps already broken.
If we put political regimes aside for a moment,
to sort out all the mess and handle all the complexities.
That "Someone" will be
At the point
of his arrival,
the world is still thinking Physical.
Moshiach cannot just be the "Cheese" that's going to "do business" with the "Chalk".
the Primary wow about Moshiach is his Spiritual Qualities.
will (must) be a great
- Honorable ancestry – royal material (it runs in the family)
- His special power of speech will make him unbeatable in warfare
- The might within his counsel will be greater than any other king's physical might.
- His wisdom – greater than King Solomon
- His greatness – more than the Ministering Angels.
Here's a brief summary of what Moshiach's
on these – in a future topic covering Moshiach's Persona
will look like:
With such Statesmanship on one hand,
and such volatility elswhere,
There'll be a natural shift
once there's enough buy-in into Moshiach to take on the much-needed, international, leadership role?
What do you think will happen
When there's demand by the People, things naturally change to suit.
Moshiach together with the People will effect the required changes:
- Rewriting constitutions,
- Reforming Governments,
- Re-executing treaties
- Re-establishing relationships
between Moshiach and the People.
There's actually a much
That'll be covered in a separate topic coming up (Moshiach's Governance Style)
Here we are only describing the simple connection, how it appears on the surface.
Consistent with the Trend
of removing absolute power at the top:
- That trend hinges on misuse of power and/or inability to exercise it wisely
- The trend gives the key to the People
- Moshiach will make a perfect match for best use of power.
- The People are those who will choose and want Moshiach at the top.
So Moshiach becoming a king is actually
- World leaders are diminishing in value with the Coming of Moshiach.
- Democracy is struggling to produce answers to modern-day complexities.
- But Democracy has empowered the simple citizens to determine leadership.
- This will be the vehicle to enable the transition from current world politics to Moshiach and his administration in a "smooth" manner, as this transition is dependent on the People's buy-in.
|Dictators||Unworthy rulers. As soon as the People wake up, they won't last too long|
|Democracy||The Community gathers strength and overthrows those power freaks. Now the people control the Government|
|Pre-Moshiach||Prime Ministers are declining, complexities are increasing exponentially... People look for alternatives|
|Moshiach||People find Moshiach a compelling alternative and opt for him as king.|
World to Come
of Communism & Capitalism in the
כל ישראל יש להם חלק לעולם הבא
All Jews have a share (the same equal share) in the World to Come.
Sounds like Communism...
כל אחד ואחד נכוה מחופתו של חברו
Each person is scorched by the canopy of his fellow.
Sounds like Capitalism...
Rabbibical edict to see Gentile Kings - Talmud Berachot 58a: "One should try to run and greet/see..." -- to the extent that even if it involves transgressing another Rabbinical edict (Magen Avraham, Orach Chaim 224:7 and Rambam, Laws of Mourning, Chp.3).
Seeing Gentile Kings in order to contrast them with Moshiach (if he merits to see the latter) - Magen Avraham, Ibid.
Moshiach will have honorable ancestry - Me-am Loez Commentry to Psalms Pt.1 p.293
Moshiach winning wars with his mouth - Isaiah 11:4, Likutei Moharan Pt.1 2:1
Moshiach's might is within his counsel - Me-aam Loez to Isaiah p.144
Moshiach greater than King Solomon in wisdom - Rambam, Laws of Repentance 9:2
Moshiach higher than the Ministering Angels in Heaven - Midrash Tanchuma, Toldot 14.
Moshiach sorting out all international and national issues - Isaiah 2:4: "וְשָׁפַט בֵּין הַגּוֹיִם וְהוֹכִיחַ לְעַמִּים רַבִּים / And he shall judge between the nations (= international issues) and reprove many peoples (= national issues of many countries)" -- see MALBI"M on this verse.
All Jews have a share in the World to Come - Talmud, Sanhedrin 90a
Each person is scorched by the canopy of his fellow - Talmud, Bava Batra 75
Governance & Moshiach
By Itamar Hatzvi