Better communication flow in
WebDev - Summer 2013
- A reviewer reviews an app.
- An email is sent to the app developer.
- Replies go to the reviewers mailing list.
Discussions cannot be tracked inside Marketplace.
- Reviewer Tools only has an action log.
- Reviewer has to keep track of emails of developers.
A single page for all conversations in Marketplace and synced email conversations.
Hence, the New Flow
- Reviewer reviews an app in Reviewer Tools.
- Developer gets an email notification.
- Developer replies to the thread.
- Developer can now reply from Marketplace!
- Developer can reply via email!
Enter COMMunication dashboard
- REST APIs in Zamboni
- for creating and reading threads
- for creating and reading notes
- for operations like replying to a note and marking unread note/thread as read.
Communication dashboard frontend
- based on Fireplace
- interacts with Zamboni's REST API.
- Handling emails
- Each email is given a unique reply token.
- API endpoint in Zamboni to receive emails from postfix
- On receiving an email, a note is created.
- API: Mostly live on both -dev, -prod
- Communication Dashboard: to be deployed
- Email integration: - live on -dev
Playground for Marketplace API.
- Makes it easy to explore the API.
- Utilizes the API documentation.
- A good reason to write docs!
- A build script that parses the documentation into a JSON schema.
- The JSON data is rendered into a page full of options and text boxes.
- Currently, based on Fireplace (uses the auth code, etc)
Live on stackato: marketplay.pass.allizom.org
Pull requests and issues welcome!
Better Communication Flow in Firefox Marketplace
By Ashish Dubey