Works at RedHat (India).
KDE contributor as a English Hindi Technical Translator.
- Get started with KDE Localization
- FUEL During Localization
- Localization Team Management Tool
- What have i learnt from my project.
What is Internationalization ?
The process of writing your application so that
it can run in any locale.
Locale = parameters that define user's language.
- Textual message displayed to user.
- Data input from files, user and other sources.
- Format of data, currency and Number.
What is Localization?
The process of taking an internationalized application and adapting it for a specific locale.
To reach a broader audience and developer
so that a developer can write the program in english
use the software in its own native language.
How to Localize Kde?
- Must be a Bilingual and understand the mother tongue.
Bilingual - (English + native)
- Needs a translator account.
- A tool to translate
- Conventions to follow during translation.
- Version control system to commit translation
Tools to translate
- Input tool
enable your locale in your Computer.
- Translation tool
Better Translation Memory
Easily translate by using input tool.
Follow the conventions of your language team
For indian languages (Hindi, Punjabi, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati etc.),
To maintain consistency and standardization in Software
We use FUEL.
- standardized terminology resources
- computer translation style and convention guides
- Translation Assessment Matrix
How to track translation?
KDE l10n website's team statistics
Version Control System
download .po files
and commit it.
Localization team management tool
- A better way to track Translations
- An easy way to join translation team
- Easily login to any kde website through kde identity.
- Easily movement of files in svn while committing/booking.
- Getting release notifications and updates regarding team and project
- A booking system to easily book a file
- join any language team easily
Want to hack?
download the source code of kde l10n/i18n
hack on it.
ideas regarding improvement are welcome.
Want to meet/need help?
follow me on twitter
ping me on irc on #kde-i18n channel
my irc nick : chandan_kumar
shoot me email: