Drupal 8 for themers
- responsive Mobile First by default
- Template Engine TWIG
- New CSS philosophy (SMACSS & BEM)
- ie8 not supported
- CSS classes not in Core
- jQuery 2.x
- No JQuery by default
- HTML5/mobile first without extra effort
- Views, Breakpoints, RESTful Web Services are in Core
- Viewmodes everywhere by default
- TWIG templates replace theme_functions
- Built in debugging functions
- Improved multilingual integration
Theming in browser
- Control over details and responsive behavior
- Consistency and reusability
- Transitions and animations
- Early testing
- User interaction testing
Guru is based on
- is a "task runner"
- is a command line tool for frontend preprocessing
- enables live editing with multiple devices using browser sync
- let you generate a Styleguide with KSS-Node
- is a CSS preprocessor
- enables you to organize your (S)CSS code in multiple files
- makes it easy to use coding standards like SMACSS and BEM
- libsass is "up to 4000% faster!"*
- use it for new projects
Syntactically Awesome StyleSheets
- the grid system I know (using Omega4)
- workes with libsass
- depends on breakpoint
- just use your favorite grid system, but make sure it will run with libsass
- Organize your and maintain style components
- Let your team and product owner know about the components
- Prototype with SCSS and a little chunk of HTML before implementing in backend.
Documentation for any flavor of CSS that you’ll love to write. Human readable, machine parsable, and easy to remember.
CSS reset/normalize plus HTML element styling.
macro arrangement of a web page, including any grid systems.
discrete, reusable UI elements ('Blocks') [In the SMACS Terminology named Modules]
purely visual styling ('look-and-feel') for a component.
Works with Drupal only when using the link_css module. https://www.drupal.org/project/link_css
Demo Video http://quick.as/az3sxrb
• Live reloading for development
• Fast reloading for CSS
• Syncronize UI across many devices
• Gulp will start a local proxy server
• Docker / Vagrant compatib
Classy is the base theme
(But you can use core as base theme too.)
Disable Drupal 8 caching during development:
The project on Drupal
- Infos and links are in the README.md
- Provide feedback in the Drupal issues or do pull-request on github.
Drupal 8 Guru Theme
By Thorsten Krug