Go further with your log
Advanced use of Monolog
12/2014 Brussels Laravel Meetup
Go futher with your logs
- Demo time
- Questions ?
Do it also during the presentation
- Do it also during the presentation
- I will not speak about
- ELK (elasticsearch, logstash & kibana)
- What generates logs?
- For what purposes?
- For which usages?
- One big log or a multitude of logs?
- So who use logs and for what?
Wikipedia can help you!
For me :
List of events link to a time (with some messages) and recorded somewhere (usually in a file)
- Generated by
- some external tools : stats, CI, ...
- Purpose & Usage
- keep track of events
- linked to your business
- Help with your log
- Compatible with PSR-3
- Most known
- Created by Jordi Boggiano (Seldaek)
most know for composer
What's in Monolog?
- to transport
- to transform
- to make log spicy
- event logged
- Transport the information to destination
- Following the level of log: debug -> emergency
- Some to know
- log in a file
- use other stream too
- NativeMailHandler : log in a mail
- FingersCrossedHandler : stack until level
- Tools :
- RollBarHandler, NewRelicHandler, ...
- HipChatHandler, SlackHandler, ...
- FirePHPHandler, ChromeHandler, ...
- Link to the handler
- Transform the log event to something understandable by the handler
- Link to the handler or the logger itself
- Add informations to the event
- Memory usage
- Request information
- Environment details
- Some to know
Go futher with you logs : PHP Monolog
By Jonathan Van Belle