Open Source Political Memory Citizen Lobbying Tool
Raise your hand
- How many of us are European ?
- How many know what a lobby is ?
- How many value transparency in society ?
Purpose of Memopol
- Help citizens follow parliamentary activity
- Memorize vote and intervention history
- Increase political decision cost
Votes are imported into Memopol database
Journalists attribute score to recommendations
Memopol computes representative scores
- Vote concerning ACTA takes place
- Journalist recommend voting against with a weight of 500
- Representatives voting against get +500
- Representatives voting for get -500
- Score decay makes older votes loose weight
- Representative score is the sum of their scores per vote
Then what ?
- Citizen don't forget who did what
- Make targeted influence campaigns
- Engage discussion with our representatives
- European Parliament with Parltrack
- French Assembly and Senate with FranceData
- Your country here ?
Free Managed Hosting
Volunteers will set up your instance
RedHat sponsors the hosting on OpenShift
Browse data: http://lqdn.memopol.eu
- Donate to La Quadrature Du Net and other citizen lobbies, please, they are striving to stay alive, we NEED them
- Participate as a journalist or a python programer
- Call your representatives ! https://piphone.lqdn.fr
- Join us in Paris August 6th & 7th
By James Pic