(North Bay App Developers)
So, next 10 years of programming, huh?
Let’s review the past 10 years, shall we?
10 years ago...
- There was no iPhone. No iPad. No Android. No Kindle.
- In other words, there was no "App Store."
- Everyone's favorite mobile device was a little music player called iPod.
- Facebook was still limited to college profiles.
- Twitter was just Twttr, mainly a group SMS tool.
- The tech startup world had just bounced back from the devastating Dot-Com bust.
- Most people's computer was a PC running Windows XP (not even Vista!) and the web browser was IE 6.
OK, so a lot can change in 10 years.
What will we all be doing in 2026?
- Bots (online chat AI)
- Voice-powered Personal Assistants
- Virtual Reality
- Augmented Reality
- Super-powered Mobile Devices
- Wearable Computing
- Gigabit Fiber Internet
- Next-Generation Web
- Electric Transportation
The Next 10 Years of Programming
By Jared White