On your side when you don't even think you need it!
What is this thing?
- Doing everything from the 'couch'.
- The 'couch' being Slack!
Slack defines itself as:
- Team communication for the 21st century
I define it as:
Why that name?
"Slack" in Urban Dictionary:
- An approach where one stops trying to make things happen or exert control, and instead simply "allows" or "lets" favorable events occur.
When you use Slack, you wait for things to happen to you most of the time!
You: Isn't adding Slack to my tool set extra overhead?
You: I am not convinced, it's going to be more overhead for me. Give me some good reasons to use it.
Me: Get ready, I am about to blow your mind!
How is that EFFICIENT?
Does this look familiar?
How about this?
I can go on and on but you get the idea
Your answer could be this:
Let's get you to the "Slack" state of mind!
Say Hello TO channels
- Forget about updating your filters.
Say Hello TO Slackbot
- Your Personal Assistant:
Say Hello TO /commands
- Don't feel like moving your mouse to message a person or post in a channel?
You: Woah, woah, I have to read a pile of messages, with no subjects? Just some channels? It seems like a lot of work.
Me: See, you are trying to work too hard. You need to cut yourself some 'Slack'!
Say Hello TO Targeted notifications
- Different level of notification
Say Hello TO Losing your conversations
A little bit CONVINCED?
- Do you find yourself questioning an issue?
is it me or...?
- It's here to entertain you
What is slackbot doing there?
Say Hello to less manual work
set REminder for REPETITIVE tasks
GET Notification for your project Builds
You: Ok, I guess there are some advantages to Slack, but I want to use email as well when needed.
Me: There is an integration for that.
Don't see what you want? Make it!
Say goodbye to nasty code snippets in outlook, forever!
ready to give it a try?
what's your cup of tea?
*or web client if you have a different cup of tea!
warm welcome from your assistant
STILL IN LOVE WITH YOUR EMAIL?
Be Less Busy, Try Slack.
- efficient == lazy lazy == slack slack == efficient
- Easy on eyes
By Nomaan Ahgharian