Name : Rahul RaveendranathPresently : Final year studentB-tech (CSE), College of Engineering, TrivandrumInterests : Technology, StartupsTwitter : @Rahulr92Blog : rahulr92.wordpress.com
- Non-profit foundation
- Objective : Connect engineering colleges in India to various global opportunities and resources such as
- International internships
- Innovative competitions
More info : http://labxfoundation.org
Ohio State University
- In Columbus, Ohio, USA
- 16th among the nation's best public universities
- 64k students enrolled presently
Recreational & Physical Activity center
FISHER College Of Business
- Business school under OSU
- Among top ranked B-schools in the USA
- Technology Entrepreneurship & Commercialization Institute
- Offers consulting service for organizations in various stages (mostly startups)
- Provides expert analytic services (market survey, competitive analysis etc)
What I did there
- Market research for a medical product
- Studied current market trends
- Identified possible allies and competitors
- Identified improvements for a software solution
- Participated in software development life cycle
- Start-up accelerator based out of Columbus
- Helps convert entrepreneurial ideas to viable business models
- 10 startups, 10 weeks, $20k funding
- Vast pool of veteran entrepreneurs and mentors
TEC Institute Takeaways
Learned formal methods of market analysis
Learned high level overview of the drug development industry
- Learned about ontologies, semantic web etc.
- Learned to appreciate professionalism in work
- Met a lot of passionate entrepreneurs
- Attended valuable sessions on topics like team building, storytelling, brand building, pitching etc.
- Got lot of guidance from entrepreneurs (mentors) who had been there, done that.
- Worked closely with a startup called Stockleap.
- Made a lot of new friends
- Learned a lot about available options for higher studies in the US.
- Met many social innovators
- Attended a lot of technical and startup meetups
- Visited a lot of places - Columbus, Boston, Las Vegas