oDATA and GATEWAY OVERVIEW
why oDATA ?
WHY ODATA ?
ES Repository : How does it look ?
odaTA- tell me more !
- Based on industry standards - http://www.odata.org
- REST-based architecture
OData APIs offer database like access to business data - "ODBC for the Web"
- No knowledge of SAP is required.
BASICS: HOW dOES IT WORK
Access of DATA
Entity DATA Model
Entity data model describes data as entities connected by associations.
An entity container holds entity sets. Each entity has one or more properties.
- OData protocol largely follows the conventions defined by REST
-GET: Reads data from one or more entities.
-PUT: Updates an existing entity, replacing all of its properties.
-MERGE: Updates an existing entity, but replaces only specified properties.
-POST: Creates a new entity.
-DELETE: Removes an entity.
SAP Netweaver Gateway
- Set of ABAP add-ons.
- Installation Options : With SAP NW 7.40 it's installed as part of standard installation.
- Components Required.
1. Activate SAP NetWeaver Gateway
2. Create system alias: from HUB system to back end system
- For embedded deployment, LOCAL with RFC destination NONE.
3. Create Gateway Alias : Required to register services.
6. For development system only ( increase log level)
SAP Gateway SERVICE BUILDER (SEGW)
Gateway BACKEND LOGIC IMPL.
Activate and Maintain Services
Test Service( in WEB BROWSER )
Testing : Gateway Client
Let's BUILD an APP
iOS App because you HAVE it in your pocket
But First, Quick INTRO - iOS
- iOS is an Operating System - subset of Mac OS.
- Language: Objective C - superset of C. Has really long method names. Object Oriented.
And Android as it Rocks !
Android - Don't You Love KITKAT ?