w/ Steve Venzerul & Bruno Carriere
We're calling it ES6 anyways
- Use Babel: Competitors have been crushed
- Class keyword considered evil
- Just kidding
- Fav. features: Modules, arrow functions, class keyword
Essential ES6 Resources
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer's free to read online, deep & delicious book.
Know what supports what and how.
- Angular2 "debacle"
- React hotness: React native, ReactDOM, React breakfast cereal
- Some vanilla JS resurgence ie."no framework"
- Difficulties with the Spec
- Shadow DOM seems figured out
- Polyfills doing the job for now
node / IO.JS merge
- TypeScript / AtScript
- and more.
Native Application Wrappers
- Node Bots
More JS+hardware presentations to come in 2016
JS as compile target
- Web Assembly
- Beautiful ES7 features: async/await, array comprehensions, simd
from 179->319 active members
from 658->1436 total members
BRUNO'S 2 WILD PREDICTIONS OF THE FUTURE
Single Page Apps
are going to get less popular as the pendulum swings back
Static pages 5ever
will somehow make a cross platform browser. it will be the best one you've ever used.
have a great 2016
without undefined exceptions
JS 2015 - Retrospective