Digital Marketing Platform
We want to work with
Small independent Businesses in
Team change: tech lead left, two new members in creative, legal, and business fields
New Name & brand message
Product evolution —> from marketing tool to local small business marketplace app w/ digital education component
Primary launch market: Bangladesh, where mobile payments are huge
Have a proper Business Plan v1 complete
surveyed over 200 people globally regarding our USP
visited 34 stores (and counting) to conduct ethnographic research on our target populations
- Tech lead
- Time and capital to reach a large number of merchants and consumers
- Applied to MIT Solve, currently waiting to hear back
- Incorporated in Delaware
- 75% done with our MVP; should be complete by end of August
- To be incorporated in New York soon as a foreign corporation doing business here
- launch + test in NYC by last week of September
- Create and work with core group of 10-15 merchants for a free trial to closely test Waroong
- Test 4 (1 per month) workshops in nyc by the end of Q4
- Be interviewed by a mainstream media outlet by the end of Q4
- Hire a developer to create product for Bangladesh
- Launch in Bangladesh by end of Q1 2019
Samiha M. Ahmed
Stephen Y. Chen
Hasin I. Ahmed
Samiha is a Dhaka native who is a writer by trade and urbanist by training. At Waroong, she leads content creation, public relations, and project management.
Stephen is from Shanghai and has extensive experience in international law and consulting. At Waroong, he oversees legal compliance, partnerships, and business strategy.
Hasin is a native of Dhaka and has a varied background that includes design, data analysis, marketing, and international affairs. At Waroong, he is the overseer of all.
Bridging the gap between in-store retail & e-commerce
© Waroong Inc.
wa • roong
Inspired by "warung," the Malay word for a small family-owned business, we at Waroong Inc. aim to connect such shops throughout the world to local customers.
Whether it's the bodega around the corner in New York City or a mudi dokan in Dhaka, we will enable every shop to be discovered by customers in the expanding digital economy.
Our first target market has a rapidly growing digital economy
120M mobile phone users
80M internet users
38M smartphone users
28M Facebook Users
30M mobile banking users
a marketplace of everyday products sold by local, independently-owned shops.
Custom web store
Buy products locally
Track inventory + revenue
Use mobile payment service
Learn the basics of running a business digitally
FREE DIGITAL LITERACY WORKSHOPS
Visit us at waroong.co
Waroong Elab PiNG
By Hasin Ahmed