Advanced React ⚛️ Patterns
Patterns to enhance the flexibility and simplicity of
both your components APIs and implementations
Kent C. Dodds
wife, 4 kids, & a dog
if you are able ❤️ ♿️
What this workshop is
- Interactive and Hands-on
- Advanced! (for experienced React developers)
- Patterns that put a smile on your face when you are implementing components with them :D
What this talk is not
- 100% practical examples
- Covering everything you can do
What this workshop covers
- Compound Components
- Render Props
- State Initializers
- State Reducers
- Control Props
- Provider Pattern
- Higher Order Components
If you can, do it now, even if you've already done it...
git clone https://github.com/kentcdodds/advanced-react-patterns-v2.git cd advanced-react-patterns-v2 npm run setup --silent
- 🙋 Raise your hand to ask and answer questions. Feel free to make relevant comments as well!
- 💬 🌎 Use the workshop chat room to ask and answer each others questions.
- 📑 Fill out the elaboration and feedback forms for every exercise.
- 📧 Ask questions on my AMA (kcd.im/ama).
- 🐦 Follow me on twitter 😉 (twitter.com/kentcdodds).
- The why/exercise intro 👨💻
- Exercises 💪 (pair programming!?)
- Elaboration and Feedback Form 📑
- ? Bonus 👨🎓 👩🎓
- ? Help others 👩🔬 👨🔬
- ? Make pull requests 🙏
Advanced React Patterns
By Kent C. Dodds