A guy who loves challenging stuffs and learning new technologies along with the 'Time'. Shekhar has worked as student developer in Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2016, 2017.
Continuous Delivery System
- Organizations follows CI and CD processes that differ across teams
- Manual interventions are involved making deployment error prone
- Multiple versions/releases of a product runs at different stages, such as development, e2e testing, acceptance testing, staging, client-side deployment, produ
- Manual interventions do not reflect the latest state a product is in to other stakeholders
- Consolidating current state of a product running at different stages in diverged geographical location is cumbersome when done manually
- Different Configuration for same project. Keep track the previous builds and configurations.
- multiple project can have multiple builds in different server.
- A web-based deployment dashboard that provides:
- A continuous delivery platform
- A consolidated view of the different stages a product is currently in.
- Dashboard that can display running stage in CI tool (Jenkins).
- Interactive and simple UI for user to manage builds with knowing anything about the CI and CD tool.
- User must be able to provide configuration for the project using the application.
- Devops/operations team follow a standard fully automated deployment process
- Management uses the deployment dashboard to make business predictions and decisions based on current state of different products of the organizationm
- Technical teams track the states of a product and plan delivery
- On site teams track the states of a product and plan client-side testing and deployment to production
- Clients have a single view to track progress of their products
By Shekhar Rajak