Amit Kumar (@aktech)
- SymPy Developer
- Mathematics and Computing undergrad
- Student Delhi Technological University, India
- FOSS enthusiast!
- Open Source Python Library
- For Symbolic Computation
- Written entirely in Python
- No dependency except mpmath
What is SymPy?
Study and development of algorithms and software
for manipulating mathematical expressions and other
Symbolic vs Numeric?
- Symbolic: π
● Full featured
● BSD licensed
● Embraces Python
● Usable as a library
Provide a symbolic manipulation library in Python.
- en route to a full featured computer algebra system
● Ondřej Čertík started the project in 2006.
● Lot of work was done in Google Summer of Code 2007.
● Participated in every GSoC for last 9 years.
● Aaron Meurer took over as a lead developer on Jan 4, 2011.
< 5 MB
- Over 400 Contributors
- Half a million lines of code & docs
- 2700+ Stargazers on github repository
- 1400+ forks
- 200+ watchers
- 60,000+ Monthly downloads on PyPi
- 300+ Open Pull requests
- 53 releases, Latest: SymPy 1.0!
- Make things faster.
- Implement more algorithms.
- Encourage more people to use and contribute to SymPy.
- Full List of things to be implemented:
By Amit Kumar
SymPy Workshop @ FOSSASIA 2016, Singapore.