Building a CAD workflow
3 May 2017
- Few Announcements
- Show and Tell
- Understanding what a workflow is
- Get started in Fusion 360
- Codestock is this Friday and Saturday
- Friday evening at 7pm, KnoxDevs is hosting an After Party for the conference, don't have to attend the conference to be able to go.
- Next Meetup: June 7th, Open (any takers?)
- In CAD, very easy to make something quick, that ends up becoming a pain later...
- While for complicated parts it may be unlikely that someone else will be reproducing the part in the future, that person could be you if something goes wrong later...
- All the time when working on teams, plans change and parts need to be redrawn. Be awesome if it was just a couple of clicks to change rather than days redrawing.
- Closed entities!
- Clear configuration of offsets / Common Baseline
- Constraints are your best friends. But if you abuse them, things explode.
- Configure entities that change based on a value
Building a CAD Workflow
By Alex Pawlowski