Let's talk AI
Presentation licensed under Creative Commons BY-SA 4.0+ // Image: unsplash.com/photos/u0eIxG2vJ5Y
What comes to mind when you think of AI?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is intelligence — perceiving, synthesizing, and inferring information — demonstrated by machines, as opposed to intelligence displayed by non-human animals or by humans.
- Web search engines
- Recommendation systems
- Understanding human speech
- Self-driving cars
- Generative tools ✨
Learning outcomes generated with ChatGPT (GPT-3.5)
- Gain an understanding of the ethical implications of using AI in education and how it may impact equity.
- Explore positive and negative impacts of AI in education and identify potential strategies for leveraging AI to foster equity.
- Develop a deeper understanding of the role of educators in fostering equity and promoting ethical AI practices in education.
- Identify opportunities for meaningful collaboration and innovation in using AI to support equitable educational outcomes.
- Make life easier
- Deal with the mundane
- Support students
- Improve accessibility
- Unleash creativity
The other side
- Biased models
- Copyright and re-use permissions
What are your biggest concerns?
Over to you
- What are your concerns around AI and your work with your students?
- What strategies can you employ to deal with these concern?
- What are your open questions?
Go to the activity at tiny.cc/AI-Concern
Let’s talk AI and equity
By Kristina Hoeppner