Market Share of Web Technology
I teach Web Development
- Programming lanuages: 15 (Wikipedia)
- HTTP Servers: 36 (Wikipedia)
- Content Management Systems: >100 (Wikipedia)
- Web Application Frameworks: >150 (Wikipedia)
- Lumen - released 2015-04-14
WHAT DO I TEACH ???
- Use a custom built web crawlwer to build a list of websites to analyze.
- Start with delfi.lt (the biggest site in Lithuania)
- Only pick up domains with .lt ending
- Use a
custom built scriptopen source Webbalyzer software to scan the sites and detect technologies that were used.
- Compare the results with global stats, provided by W3Tech.
- Build some pretty charts and show them to the world.
- Server administrators hide/obfuscate/change the results
- „Security through obscurity“
- In some categories, scan up to 80 percent of websites did don't return a result.
- In Some other categories, more than 97 percent of websites did return a result.
22,621 domain names
2,101 did not respond
20,520 active websites
Programming Languages (with n/a)
CMS (with n/a)
Operating Systems (with n/a)
- Trends are similar to global ones;
- A bigger share of legacy technologies;
- Some results are not reliable due to low level of detection;
- Some surprises in CMS market share;
Web Technology Market Share in Lithuania
By Arūnas Liuiza