Getting Hip with JHipster
JUG Bielefeld, 14th Nov. 2018
- JHipster Core Team Member since 2015
- JUG Paderborn Organizer
- Devoxx4Kids Paderborn Initiator
- Software Developer at wescale
I am a noob
Greetings Java Hipsters
How long does it take to setup a modern web application?
How long does it take to change some configuration?
How long does it take to make it production ready?
What is JHipster?
What is JHipster?
- Full Stack Application Generator
- Developer Platform
- Best Practices & High Quality Code
- 100% Open Source
JHipster in Numbers
- 11500+ Stars
- 23 Core Team Member
- 460+ Contributors
- 2 Java Champions
- 2 Books
- 1000000+ Installations
- 1 Conference
A high-performance and robust Java stack on the server side with Spring Boot
A sleek, modern, mobile-first front-end with Angular, React and Bootstrap
A robust microservice architecture with the JHipster Registry, Netflix OSS, the ELK stack and Docker
A powerful workflow to build your application with Yeoman, Webpack and Maven/Gradle
technologies used by JHipster have their default configuration used as much as possible
Only add options when there is sufficient added-value in the generated code
for the Java code, follow the default Intellij IDEA coding style
and many more...
and many, many more both in money, code and support
Whats new in JHipster 5?
- Spring Boot 2
- Webpack 4
- JDL 3
Time to do some coding
- Generate a basic blog application
- Look at the generated code
- Generate CRUD entities
- Some blog improvements
- Deploy to heroku
- THX to Matt Raible for his awesome demo
The real java hipster
- 22.11.18 Christoph Engelbert: Instan(t)a-neous Monitoring
- 12.12.18 Robin Roschlau: Kotlin Hands on Workshop
- 24.01.19 Michael Simons: Von relationalen Datenbanken zu Daten mit Relationen
Getting hip with Java Hipster