Product Development Group Leader - New England Biolabs
Recent updates to
Brad Langhorst, Matt Campbell, Caiden Kumar
- Review primer-monitor.neb.com
- Recent enhancements
- Demostration (Caiden)
- Next steps / Discussion
Why does NEB Care About SARS-CoV-2 Variants?
We want be sure that our LAMP, qPCR and sequencing SARS-CoV2 kits can be updated as new variants arise
They don't like sunlight
Don't get them wet
Don't feed them after midnight!
Other people probably need this too... FDA guidance
What can we do???
Shine some light
Aligned Sequences AY.1
Other Variants Matter for Diagnostics
Data, well-organized, is light
Matt Campbell, Caiden Kumar
Visualization - simple
Visualization - multiplex PCR
- not interactive enough
- can't fit multiplex PCR (too many primers)
- not auto-updating (manual publishing needed)
- does not visualize geography (map based?)
- dense data (SARS-CoV-2) vs. sparse data (all others)
- variant frequency vs time is not visible
Take it away Caiden
- More geographic detail ✅
- Fully automated intake/update ✅
- Automated visualization updates ✅ (almost)
- Automated notification ✅
- Primer set scores ✅
- View primer set as a whole ✅
- mulitplex PCR visualizations
- Add data sources for RSV, influenza, HPV, ...?
- Variants by time
- Suggestions welcome!
- Can we achieve good coverage with 1.4 kb amplicons in typical clinical samples? Ct limitations?
- Initial results from collaborators with clinical samples show good performance even at higher Ct (27-32)
Primer Monitor Update - 2023-08
By Brad Langhorst