Using Continuous Integration Technologies with GitHub
A development practice of integrating code into a single build multiple times per day.
Builds are usually automated and depend on thorough automatic tests to ensure they complete properly and without issue.
We are not cavemen
Enter Travis CI
- Enable our repository on travis-ci.com
- Create a .travis.yml file that lists the steps of our build process
- Specify project language
- Configure dependencies, databases, etc.
- Execute post-build steps (such as tests)
- Push our .travis.yml to our GitHub repo
- Bask in the glory of continuous integration
- Hosted CI servers: https://travis-ci.org, https://drone.io/
- Advanced topics: Deployment, Environment Variables, Headless Browser Testing (with PhantomJS)
- These slides: http://slides.com/dreeve/deck/