Coders In Black
2 years of commando iterations
Commando iteration aka "Run" :
- A disruptive / innovative project
- A primary goal to reach next project step
- A fully invested project holder
- A team of workaholic developers / designer (1 .. 5 )
- A golden jail where to live and work hard for 4 to 5 days
- 1990's : Demoparties
- March 2011 : 1st StartUp Week End @ Sophia Antipolis
+ Open Coffee
- Lots of hackathons ( 12 with 83% on podium places )
- December 2012 : How to build 3 web projects in 1 month
@ Human Talks Grenoble
- December 2013 : First commando mission
What can be built in 4 days ?
- Application everywhere : desktop, mobile, TV, connected device, robot, social network
- Platforms : API, SDK, browser extensions, widgets
- R&D : with good wind behind
( 4 days x 16 hours = 9 man days ) x 5 yodas = 45 man days
lol, it's throwable code without maintenance.
- By experience working code in a given context run without any maintenance.
On each iteration we are responsible of our code, so if a bug in the original working context is found, we correct it for free.
- Your true for a successfull project where context evolve you need to make your code evolve with full-time developer or with new CIB iteration.
- rarely yes, for example when hacking a SDK to demo next generation feature that are not yet released, we know it's just for demo purpose.
Who call CIB
- Start-up / Entrepreneurs :
to build prototype / MVP / Application / Platforms / R&D
- National corporation :
to launch their services in partnership with GAFA
to have an on-demand R&D lab
- Multinational corporation :
to hack their process and product to show next generation features.
to deliver on time ecosystem for their new product
to build product on new disrupting devices
Developers, entrepreneurs, researchers, hackers, early adopters, designers
Yoda - mission leader ensure good delivery : 5
Jedi - senior developer : 5
Padawan - apprentice : 9
What a typical 3 days "Run" ?
- Day 0 : Arrival on site, setup, briefing diner & night
- Day 1 : Put basic end-to-end structure and wiring
- Day 2 : Unlock big features
- Day 3 : Small features, test & debug, polish
- Day 3+1 : Delivery, debriefing, back to normal life
Metrics 2014 + 2015
|Total delivered commando iterations||75|
|Distinct mission places||30 in 5 countries|
|Max missions on a month||6|
|Monthly average missions||3|
|Average iteration by project||3.4|
|Average iteration by customer||5|
|Average CodersInBlack by mission||2.3|
Will you be the next Yoda ?
Coders In Black