Indigenous is a fair trade organic vertical supplier that's been leading the way in contemporary hand made fashion since 1994.
Organic + Fair Trade Fashion. Sustainable and handcrafted with love! 💕
Indigenous organic and fair trade fashion has been leading the way in stylish, handmade fashion since 1994. All indigenous sustainable apparel is made with extreme care by artisans who are paid a Fair Wage. Visit indigenous to find out how it brings transparency and accountability to the Fashion industry, and to view the selection of responsible fashion.
Inspired by a people
More than 20 years ago a trip to Peru inspired a new way of looking at fashion. INDIGENOUS was founded to give modern expression to the ancient traditions of Peruvian textile design, and a path to out of poverty to the dynamic people who live there.
A culture of artistry
Peru is has the longest recorded history of textile design in the entire world. At many times in history, Peruvian cultures valued textiles beyond gold and jade; they were the greatest of all riches.
Fair Trade Commitment
Indigenous believe that all people matter. That’s why they adhere to fair trade standards. Their artisans earn a fair, living wage while working in safe conditions.
- Indigenous believe fashion can be a force for good. They believe in wearing clothing that lifts up the communities that make it.
- Each piece of clothing we make is not only soft on your skin, but also soft on the earth. Impeccably handmade and unique.
- Indigenous believe in supporting true artisans who use traditional skills combined with modern technology.
- Indigenous believe that what you wear speaks volumes about who you are, and that a label can be much more than a status symbol. It can be a symbol of integrity and heart.
- Indigenous believe diversity is a key ingredient to a healthy planet, and a more vibrant life.
- Indigenous believe words like ‘Organic’ and ‘Fair Trade’ must have an honest meaning. They have dedicated themselves for over 20 years to ensure that they do.
Indigenous women’s collection, in the context of brand trust and particularly at the luxury end, seems to be doing well. More than just clothes, they sell online fashion experience. From handcrafted knit sweaters, to soft, organic cotton tops, skirts, and dresses, these are pieces you will want to keep forever. Sustainable women’s fashion at Indigenous and clothing with innovation and real value is as soft on the earth as it is on your skin: 100% organic womens clothing, eco-friendly, and fair trade. You will find effortless basics and iconic fashion for women with the quality of truly sustainable clothing with Indigenous. Tops, Sweaters, Dresses, Skirts & Pants, Outerwear, Accessories, all collection inspired by your modern life.
Indigenous | Organic + Fair Trade Fashion
By Fair Trade Fashionista