massive DDoS attack
What this attack demonstrates is that the economics of the IoT mean that it will remain insecure unless government steps in to fix the problem. This is a market failure that can't get fixed on its own.
The internet activity of everyone in Britain will have to be stored for a year by service providers, under new surveillance law plans.
How to be "secure": use encryption
- Use Signal for mobile messaging:
- Use encryption for email:
- Use encrypted storage solutions:
- Use unique passphrases - change them frequently (use 2fa):
- Use Tor for safe browsing:
BCN cybersec Nov 16