Why am I being asked this? What do they want to learn?
- What excites you about coding?
- Why do you want to code?
- How do you want to improve?
- Where do you go to find out more about coding (blogs/Hacker News/twitter) etc.?
- What's your favourite blog?
- Who do you look up to in the coding world?
- What new languages/frameworks interest you?
Opinionated (but humble)
- What is your favourite programming language?
- What do you like/dislike about Ruby/JS etc.?
- Do you think there should be front-end/back-end or full-stack developers?
- When have you realised you've made a mistake? How did you handle it?
- Name a design pattern - how would you use it?
- What does the Single Responsibility Principle mean?
- What is encapsulation?
- Why do we programme using TDD? What are the drawbacks?
- What do we mean by DRY?
- Why do we use MVC when building frameworks?
- How would you optimise a system that is running slow?
- How would you identify bottlenecks in your system?
- What is an n plus 1 problem?
By Leo Allen