What is Slack?
- Slack is a "messaging app for teams"
- Group conversations
- Allows for easy search
- File sharing
Sounds like email.
Problems with email
- Email requires a balance of keeping people in the loop, and flooding their inboxes.
- Requires careful use of cc to keep everyone in the conversation.
- Easy to lose emails - e.g. hermes file limit.
- Easy to miss replies in long email chains.
- Easy to overlook relevant emails from the past.
Slack solves these problems
- Much easier to find conversations that are relevant to you
- Everything is automatically saved.
- The conversation chain is easy to follow.
- Everything is indexed, and a quick search will pick up anything previously mentioned.
- Personal messages
By Rich Lewis