SAPUI5 with GATEWAY
Let's go back in time ....
OTHER BENEFITS of jQUERY
- Easy and fast DOM manipulation
- Light weight
- Markup to add new syntactic elements - <canvas>,<video> , <audio>.
- Stable recommendation to come out by end of 2014.
-Browsers are already implementing them.
SAP UI Strategy
- DYNPROS - classical SAP Screens : what you see everyday
- Then came BSP
-WebDynpro Java/ ABAP
- SAP WEBUI ( mostly in CRM )
-SAPUI5 akka OpenUI5 ( our focus today )
What is SAPUI5 ?
- Client side library to build and adapt client applications.
-uses CSS3 : easy to extend.
- standard controls are easy to extend.
More info at https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/
SAPUI5 vs AngularJS
-Angular JS : by Google
- Has everything we need to build an application. Features:
- Very opinionated framework.
SAP : SAPUI5
- Easier to begin
- OpenUi5 is open source.
- Fairly decent documentation.
- SAP has been updating feature set e.g. two way binding for oDTA added in SAPUI5 version 1.16.7.
1. Hello World App
When we click on the Hello World button, the button should disappear.
2. SAPUI5 App Consuming an oDATA Service coming from ABAP Backend
SAPUI5 With Gateway