Writing, Celebrating, Feedback
Idea of Slack
Old chatrooms -> Facebook -> Slack
More Communication, less documentation (Trello for that)
What you know from Facebook
Groups = Channels
New since last time
Comments as threads
(private & public)
(incl to yourself ;))
- focus on conversations, not profiles & people
=> starting with "#general" channel & threads
=> more channels on demand
What is different from FB
- reactions are on steroids! :)
- choose (& create) your own reaction emojis!
- /giphy !
- notifications (snoozing, email, working hours, vacation mode)
- saving messages
For the community
- keep channels / information public by default
- fill out your profile! :)
- pinning messages to channels
For Documentation => Trello
Nadja is open to people helping with the backlog & ideas :)
( https://trello.com/b/YlaEdgWU )
Now try it out! =)
(in small groups)
(incl tipps from your facilitators)
What were your experiences?
What did you like the best?
What do you still struggle with?
2 Cents on Slack from your facilitators
Two cents on Slack usage:
- There is the fine balance between oversharing and not enough content to stay interesting
- If it gets too much in one channel - split the topic into another one. Not before!
For more questions feel free to ask in Slack :)
Your Facis today & Slack Admins:
Thank you for your attention!
By Felix Handler