Important Considerations for Web Design Projects
Getting your business off the ground can be quite exciting, especially if you are in it for the first time. A very important part of your business is your digital presence. And you need to make sure you get it right the first time. Of course, there is always room for improvement but getting the foundations right is quite important.
Here are some things you need to consider while creating a website for your business.
For more information, see: Web Design Sydney
- Choosing a domain name: Make sure this is looked at when you are zeroing down on the business name. You need to ensure that your shortlisted business names have their domains available. Expect to pay $12 to $20 for a domain registration per year depending on the domain registrar you choose.
- Choosing a web hosting company: The next thing in your list will be to choose a web hosting company. You need to make sure that the web hosting you choose is local so that it is easy to get support, has local servers in order to reduce latency for better load speeds and is economical. Based on the traffic you expect to get you can expect to pay anywhere from $20 to $100 for a good hosting company.
- Choosing a CMS: A CMS or Content Management System is the heart or engine of your website so you need to ensure that you choose the right CMS. When choosing a CMS you need to make sure that you are future proofing yourself. Take into account what your future needs can be. Also, try to use a open-source CMS such as WordPress, Joomla or Magento because these CMS’s have big developer community, extensible and economical. But it really depends on your functional requirements, so it is best that you speak to a web developer before narrowing down on a CMS for your digital presence.
- Choosing the right web developer: If you are relying on your digital presence to bring in customers then you need to be very careful about choosing the right developer. The developer should act as a partner and hold your hand through the journey. Try to find a web developer through your network, if you go through the internet; create a vetting process or a questionnaire. Another step you can take is go through a formal Request For Quotation (RFQ).
- Following a process: Follow a process through the web design and web development process. Ensure you set the expectations right with the web design and web development team from the start. Following a systematic process i.e. breaking down the web design process into various phases will ensure that you can achieve the best outcome.
- Search engine optimisation: Another very important consideration is SEO. Make sure that the developer you choose has some knowledge of SEO or hire an SEO to guide you from the early stages of the project. SEO should not be an afterthought as it can mean a lot of work in terms of altering the structure of the website.
- UX/UI Considerations: Some UX and UI considerations you need to take into account include a clean and simple website, easy navigation, clear call to action, fast loading speeds, attractive visual design and mobile responsiveness.
That’s it folks, more about web design process here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_design
Important Considerations For Web Design Projects