Developer Relations team @ Telerik!
Let's talk about Vue.js
A progressive framework for building user interfaces. The core library is focused on the view layer only, and is easy to pick up and integrate with other libraries or existing projects. Vue is also perfectly capable of powering sophisticated Single-Page Applications when used in combination with modern tooling and supporting libraries.
A "progressive framework"
A set of tools that can be added to your web and mobile projects gradually, or 'progressively'.
Use it for just a piece of your UI, or for a full-fledged code shared web and mobile app with router and more.
Focus on the View layer
In an "MVC" pattern of building an app, Vue focuses on the 'V' part. Build a UI using Vue components, and connect it to a backend layer.
Easy to integrate
Add Vue components to other libraries or existing projects
Great for SPAs
(not that kind of spa)
Useful to create Single Page Applications that perform like apps (example: Gmail)
- Useful core libraries like the Vue Router, Vuex for State Management
- FOSS Libraries built for use with Vue like NativeScript-Vue
- Fantastic Docs
- ...and more!
...and a friendly, inclusive community!
Vue Vixens at your service
- launched Feb 2018 at Vue Amsterdam Conference
- strongly supported by sponsors
- we are a nonprofit organization, filing for 501(c)(3) status
- members EVERYWHERE
- providing free learning and networking opportunities for people who identify as women
- Jen Looper (USA) - Founder/CEO
- Natalia Tepluhina (Ukraine) - CTO
- Diana Rodriguez (USA) - Worldwide Community Coordinator
What can we do for you?
- partner with local conferences to provide free workshops for women, mentored by community members
- help conferences increase their diversity offerings by managing diversity ticket giveaways (Vue.us, Vue.london)
- offer scholarship 'mini grants' for winners of diversity tickets (Vue.london)
- work with local groups to create meetups if there's a need to meet regularly
- create 'Vue Vixens Day' - our own one-day event!
What you need
- An awesome local community interested in Vue.js
- A local leader who can work with our regional director
- A location for meetups
Introducing Vue Vixens
By Telerik DevRel