Terms of Service
We at Slides.com (“we”, “our”, “us” and “Slides”) run a web service where you (the terms “you”, “your”, and “yours” shall refer to any and all users of our website (the “User”)) can create and share presentations ("decks") right from your web browser (the “Service”). We would love for you to use our Service located at https://slides.com/ (the “Site”). We offer it free to you (there are paid upgrades, too) and we try our best to make it possible for you pursue your creative expression in the way you see fit. Because this is the Internet, you are responsible for what you publish. Continue reading to understand what is prohibited and our payment policy.
Terms of Service:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the Site and all content, services and products available at or through the Site, including, but not limited to, Slides Free ("free accounts"), Slides Lite, Slides Pro and Slides Team accounts ("paid accounts"). Content displayed on the Site (the “Site Content”), excluding decks created by Users, have copyrighted protection under the laws of the United States and other copyright laws and Slides is the sole exclusive owner of such Site Content. You are allowed to display and, subject to any expressly stated restrictions or limitations relating to specific material, download portions of the Site Content from the different areas of the Site only for non-commercial use, unless otherwise permitted. Any redistribution, retransmission or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of the copyright owner. You may not change or delete any proprietary notices from materials downloaded from the Site. You agree not to use any Slides logo or any other proprietary graphic or trademark without our express written consent. As between the parties, title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights in and to the Site Content, and any copies or portions thereof, shall remain in Slides and/or its content providers. Third-party trademarks, service marks and logos contained in the Site are owned and licensed by their respective owners. Any and all rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
Your access to the Service is licensed and not sold. Subject to the terms of this Agreement and upon your registration for an account (as applicable), Slides hereby grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable account enabling you to access and use the Services and the Site.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Site. By accessing or using any part of the Site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Slides, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Site is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old and you represent that you are over the age of 13 and have the power, authority or consent to enter into and perform your obligations under the Agreement.
- Your Slides Account, Decks and Site. If you create an account on the Site, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and your decks, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the decks. You agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself when registering for an account including credit card information (if applicable), (b) authorize Slides to charge your credit card for all fees, as applicable, and (c) not describe or assign keywords to your deck in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others. Slides may change or remove, in its sole discretion, any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Slides liability. You must immediately notify Slides of any unauthorized uses of your decks, your account or any other breaches of security. Slides will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or Slides has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we have the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Services (or any portion thereof).
Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate an account with decks, comment on a deck, post, upload or display material to the Site, post links on the Site, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Site (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the Content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, a video file, or computer software. By using the Service and/or making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the posting, downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (a) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (b) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- your use of the Service and/or your Content is not harmful, abusive, harassing, obscene, libelous, fraudulent, deceptive or pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the legal, privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your decks are not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your Content does not adversely affect or reflect negatively on Slides’ goodwill, name or reputation or causes duress, distress or discomfort to Slides or anyone else, or discourage any person, firm or enterprise from using all or any portion, feature, or function of the Site, or from advertising, liking or becoming a supplier to use in connection with the Site;
- you will not act, or fail to act, in your use of the Service, in a manner that is contrary to applicable law or regulation;
- your decks are not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your deck URLs or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Slides or otherwise.
Content and Ownership. By submitting Content to Slides, you (a) grant Slides a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your decks, and (b) further acknowledge and agree that your name and/or likeness may be associated your Content and decks and you hereby grant us a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, irrevocable, unrestricted, worldwide license to use your name and likeness in association with your Content; provided, however, that subsections (a) and (b) of this Section 3 will not be applicable to any Content and decks that you expressly keep as private, and which you do not post, upload or display in any public forum or to the public through the Service or Site. In addition, you acknowledge and agree that:
- By setting your decks to be viewed publicly, you agree to allow others to view and fork (make a copy) of your decks.
- You shall have no recourse against Slides for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your communication to us (if any).
- If you comment on a deck, no compensation will be paid with respect to the use of your comments, as provided herein, and that we may remove any comment at any time in our sole discretion.
- If you delete Content, Slides will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Site, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable and that Slides may retain archived copies of the Content.
- Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Slides has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Slides’ sole discretion (a) refuse or remove any deck and/or Content that, in Slides’ reasonable opinion, violates any Slides policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (b) terminate or deny access to and use of the Site and/or Service to any individual or entity for any reason, in Slides’ sole discretion. Slides will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
- By selecting a paid account you agree to pay Slides the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a paid account and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable. You represent and warrant that you are authorized, or have the permission of the authorized signatory of the credit card or charge card provided to Slides, to pay any fees incurred from use of the Services.
- Automatic Renewal.
- Unless you notify Slides before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a paid account, your paid subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Paid accounts can be canceled at any time in the Account section of the website.
- You understand and agree that there will be no refunds or credits for partial months of service, upgrade or downgrade refunds, or refunds for months with an open account that are unused.
- Responsibility of Site Visitors. Slides has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including User Content, decks and computer software, posted to the Site, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. Any opinions expressed on the Site are the personal opinions of the original author and not of Slides, even though the original author may be employed by Slides. By operating the Site, Slides does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Site may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Site may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Slides disclaims any responsibility, and you agree that Slides is not responsible or liable, for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Site, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Slides links, and that link to Slides. Slides does not have any control over those non-Slides websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Slides website or webpage, Slides does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Slides disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Slides websites and webpages and you agree that Slides is not (a) liable for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such third party websites, and (b) responsible for any form of transmission received from any link, nor is Slides responsible if any of these links are not working appropriately.
Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Slides asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Slides violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Slides as stated herein. Slides will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Slides will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Site if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Slides or others. In the case of such termination, Slides will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to Slides. To make a claim, please provide the following:
- A physical or an electronic signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property interest that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work or other intellectual property that You claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site reasonably sufficient to permit Slides to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email; A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you, made under penalty of perjury, are the copyright or intellectual property owner or authorized to act on the copyright or intellectual property owner's behalf.
- Contact the agent designated to receive and act on copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). Claims can be directed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or to Slides.com, at 223 Bedford Ave., Ste. 518, Brooklyn, NY 11211.
Slides.com can be reached at email@example.com.Effective as of 4-25-2013